About the position
This is an opportunity to be a key contributor in a rapidly growing software consolidator. As a front-line leader on the M&A team, you will meet with business owners to evaluate alignment with Solen's acquisition criteria and to determine prospective company valuations. While reporting to the Head of M&A, you will lead multiple acquisitions per year from start, through due diligence, to closing, with the support of Solen's executive team and advisors. You will also be responsible for key operational improvements post-acquisition. Solen is committed to the career development of its team members and as such, your leadership role in numerous acquisitions will allow for further growth opportunities as an operating executive at one of our companies.
- Meet with software owners and share Solen's value proposition of being the best permanent home for their business.
- Lead 3-5 acquisition processes per year from LOI to closing, collaborating with business owners on key issues and roadblocks along the way to successful closings.
- Analyze financial data and prepare financial valuation models.
- Lead diligence efforts to surface key risks and opportunities in target businesses.
- Effectively manage outside vendors as needed (tech, accounting, legal).
- Manage post-acquisition integration, implementing Solen's best practices for running software companies and capitalizing on the opportunities surfaced during diligence.
- Nurture business broker and banker relationships to aid in business development efforts.
Qualifications for success:
- 5-10 years in corporate development, preferably working with technology companies or in an acquisition-focused consolidator.
- Other relevant experience will be considered, such as operating experience as a leader within a growing software company, experience with recurring revenue business models at a top-tier consulting firm, or those with an investment banking background.
- CA/CPA and/or MBA is an asset.
- Ability to quickly evaluate key risks and opportunities in a business.
- Ability to negotiate and execute acquisitions with business owners/executives.
- Financial literacy and ability to build presentations for executive team/board-level audiences.
Solen encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants with disabilities may notify us of any accommodations needed to support your participation in the recruitment process. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying. Please be aware that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for this position.
Solen is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regards to race, gender, disability or protected veterans status.
Please email email@example.com to apply for the position