Business Development Manager
About the position
This is an opportunity to be a key contributor in a rapidly growing global software consolidator. You will play a key role in the company’s sourcing efforts in by improving our coverage in our vertical markets, connecting with software owners who are considering the sale of their business, and driving engagement with those companies over time. Reporting to the VP Business Development, you will leverage your existing prospecting and sales skills in a new and challenging environment. Your origination efforts will directly result in Solen's acquiring businesses each year. If you love the sales process, are genuinely curious about business and M&A, and enjoy learning about new industries, join us!
- Identify, research and evaluate attractive companies based on Solen's investment criteria
- Outbound prospects and contact them through a mix of channels including: email, phone, & conferences
- Establish relationships and trust with software business owners in your core verticals and drive daily engagement and nurturing programs
- Proactively collaborate across the entire Solen team to drive business outcomes and contribute innovative ideas that support our vision of creating a world class sourcing team
- Use Solen's software tools and resources to continually increase your effectiveness and efficiency
- Track activity and maintain clear records in Salesforce.com and Outreach and report regularly on KPIs
Qualifications for success:
- 2 to 5 years prior experience in software or related sales or business development
- Genuinely curious about SaaS software and business with lifelong learning in your DNA
- Thrives in a metrics-driven environment and leverages data to make informed decisions
- Meets and drives to exceed agreed upon KPIs and other critical metrics
- Exceptional writing skills and an ability to drive harmonious two-way conversations
- Loves the sales process and improves upon Solen's existing data-driven approach
- A growth-mindset matched with an entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to succeed
- Strives to continually improve skills and is coachable and open to feedback
Solen Software company encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants with disabilities may notify us of any accommodations needed to support your participation in the recruitment process. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying. Please be aware that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for this position.
Solen Software is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regards to race, gender, disability or protected veterans status.
Please email email@example.com to apply for the position