About the position
This is an opportunity to join the leadership team of a rapidly growing software consolidator. Reporting to the CEO, You will be the most senior executive at Solen focused exclusively on the success of our operating companies. In this role you will make the most of the best practices you have developed over years of successfully helping small-to-mid-sized software companies grow to their full potential. You will coach and help drive the performance of a portfolio of Solen-owned but independently run operating companies with 7-8 executives (CEO’s/President’s/GM’s) reporting directly to you.
- Hire Operating Company CEO’s and ensure that we have the right people in senior leadership positions across the operating group. Assist executives that report to you with key talent-related decisions.
- Coach and mentor our operating company executives on how to drive performance in their businesses. Be their main point of contact at HQ, assisting with key strategic decisions relating to people, sales and marketing, product development, pricing, contracts, etc. Bring your own playbooks for growing industry-specific software companies and help build upon Solen's existing system for improving organic growth.
- Own the financial results of the operating companies within your group – increasing profitability each year but not at the expense of long-term growth.
- Work alongside Solen HQ in evaluating new acquisition opportunities for your group that expand our presence in the verticals we operate in.
Qualifications for success:
- 10-20 years of leadership experience in growing software companies that have not taken on significant venture funding. Recent experience as a CEO/GM/CRO is ideal
- Deep understanding of how to organically grow an industry-specific software business with $2-20M of revenue
- Strong ability to connect with people and lead them through organizational change
- Analytical skillset with an ability to understand the key financial drivers of a software business. History of P&L management
- Passionate and knowledgeable about creating high-performance cultures
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a bias towards action
- MBA degree and/or CA/CPA is an asset
- Approximately 25% travel is expected in the role.
Solen encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants with disabilities may notify us of any accommodations needed to support your participation in the recruitment process. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying. Please be aware that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for this position.
Solen Software is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regards to race, gender, disability or protected veterans status.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for the position